Ogolo : 202 628 - 0668



The “EB” in the EB-3 stands for “Employment Based.” The “3” in EB-3 stands for “3rd Preference” in the employment based visa category. The “EB-3” visa category is further divided into three sub-categories of workers:

  • A professional worker: This category requires a United States baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent. The job requirement for this category must include a bachelor’s degree and the applicant must have the minimum degree requirement as well.
  • A skilled worker: This category requires a minimum of two years job experience and/or job training.


  • An unskilled worker: This category requires less than two years of job experience or training. The applicant should be able to perform unskilled labor. The job here is not a temporary employment or a seasonal employment.


The EB-3 immigrant visa allows certain professional workers, skilled workers and unskilled workers to obtain U.S. Green Card or permanent resident status in the United States. The EB-3 visa allows your spouse and unmarried children (under 21 years of age) to accompany you and also obtain green card or permanent resident status.

As an employment based visa category, you must be sponsored by a US based company/employer. The employer must file a labor certification application with the United States Department of labor, obtain certification and then file Form I-140 with the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service on your behalf. If the foreign worker is already in the United States, he/she may then apply for adjustment of status with the USCIS. On the other hand, if the foreign worker is overseas, the approved Form I-140 will be forwarded to the Department of State for further processing. Eventually, the approved Form I-140, along with the visa application will be forwarded to the U.S. Embassy in the foreign worker’s home country for interview.

The benefit of EB-3 immigrant visa is that the foreign worker comes to the United States with approved immigrant visa. Shortly after arriving in the US, the foreign worker, along with his/her spouse and children will receive their green card in the mail.  The foreign worker can reside and work in the United States permanently.

We represent companies/employers who are in constant need of foreign workers. We can assist in all aspects of the EB-3 process. If you are interested in immigrating to the United States under the EB-3 immigrant visa, please complete the intake application below. Upon review, we will contact you for further processing of your application.